[Asterisk-Users] Hpw to enable Voicemail Indicator on IP/Analog Phone ?

woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au
Tue Jan 6 17:30:41 MST 2004

________________________________

[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of tony banks
>	Sent: Wednesday, 7 January 2004 6:06
>	To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
>	Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Hpw to enable Voicemail Indicator on
IP/Analog Phone ?

>	Hello
>
>	Whenever I receive voicemail on CISCO or SNOM or Analog Phones
(Scitec), I would like to
>     have some kind of indication in terms of beep sound or blinking
voicemail indicator....
>     Could you please tell me the way to enable this feature through
Asterisk.

>	Regards
>	Tony

Hi Tony,

	this is called Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) in asterisk.  I
haven't set it up myself,
but from what I've seen there are a few parts:

1) setting a mailbox=1234 etc. in the extension definition in the channel
file
2) setting up the phone

Have a look around the wiki
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=SIP%20mwi

It says CISCO works http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+cisco+79xx
and ADSI, and grandstream,
I assume SNOM can, it's just not documented on the wiki yet, maybe you can
contribute that :-)

Cheers,
Woody