[Asterisk-Users] This newbie gives up for now - sadly

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Tue Jan 6 11:38:29 MST 2004

John,
   Jared is right.  I have a co-worker who has coughed up the money for the
Cisco 7960 SIP phones.  These have a soft button for "Supervised Transfer".
And, it works.

   I only have the Grandstream BT101 phones, and their "Transfer" button only
implements "Blind Transfer".

   So, to get it to work, you will need to upgrade to non-budget phones.  Not
ideal, but Asterisk does support the feature, just Grandstream does not.

<quote who="Jared Smith">
> On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 06:20, John Coll wrote:
>> Robert Hajime Lanning:
>>
>> "He is using SIP phones.  Supervised Transfers do not really work with SIP.
>> He wants, on a SIP phone (I think he had Grandstream phones), to:
>>  o hit "transfer"
>>  o dial new extension
>>  o talk to new extension ***** this part does not work *****
>>  o hit "transfer" to complete the transfer or some cancel button to abort"
>>
>> Yes that is exactly what I want - thanks for clarifying.
>>

> It sounds to me like this is a problem with the Grandstream phones in
> particular, and not Asterisk.  Supervised transfers work *GREAT* with
> the Cisco 7960 phones... I use them almost every day.
>
> Jared Smith

END OF LINE
       -MCP