[Asterisk-Users] Echo with polycom phones

Christian Hecimovic checimovic at qworks.ca
Tue Jan 6 11:27:29 MST 2004

Hey Sean,

Are you using Zap modem cards (X100P)? There can be bad echo with those
things. The echo canceling effect you are hearing comes from the Polycom
phones - they dynamically "learn" from the echo at the beginning of the call
and adjust the echo cancellation accordingly. We are using a Mediatrix SIP
gateway now - no echo at all.

Christian