[Asterisk-Users] I stumbled on this list...

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jan 6 04:24:31 MST 2004

Hi!

> I have my sister who is living in Germany.  We both use broadband.

If you have a dynamic IP or are not permanently on-line: Let your sister
register with FWD (Free World Dialup, fwd.pulver.com) and use that to
call her. You can do the same with your Asterisk box, i.e. let Asterisk
register with FWD.

If you have a static IP and are on-line 24/7: She can register her SIP
software phone or hardware phone with your Asterisk directly. Anyone else
who wants to call her has to call your Asterisk server.

Hope this helps,
Philipp