[Asterisk-Users] Identifying the Originating Cisco SIP Gateway

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Jan 5 21:28:32 MST 2004

On Monday 05 January 2004 19:45, Ray Burkholder wrote:
> I have several Cisco SIP gateways sending calls to Asterisk.  Because the
> gateways don't have user-agents, they don't authenticate with Asterisk.
> And because they don't authenticate, they use the default context in the
> sip.conf file.
>
> Is there a way to either:
> A) identify the inbound gateway with a variable, in channel info, or the
> manager interface?  If there was a ${SIPDOMAIN} for the originator rather
> than the destination, that would be cool, or
> B) make the inbound gateway use the sip.conf file section belonging to it
> via the host= line in the sip.conf file without user authentication, or
Last time I checked this, it worked as you want only if your SIP Gateways are
on port 5060.  I was able to differentiate via the host=line, but as soon as
I used a Gateway on a port other than 5060, Asterisk was not able to match
the sip.conf entry and it used the default.   I did not open a bug report as
this was not something we needed at the time.  Give it a try and let me know
if you see the same thing.

Regards,
Andres
http://www.telesip.net