[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Handytone 286 RTP Problems - FIXED

Mike Machado mike at homelandtel.com
Mon Jan 5 20:24:40 MST 2004

For the benefit of the archives, here is what I did to fix the problem:

Simply reordering

allow=ilbc
allow=ulaw

allow=ulaw
allow=ilbc

in sip.conf

Fixed the problem. I guess the Handytone is not that graceful in codec
negotiation?

I did notice * sends RTP packets with payload type 97, which ethereal
says is an unknown type. * also sends the payload 97 to sipura, but
after a few packets, it starts to send ones with payload type 97, which
ethereal identifies as "ITU-T G.711 PCMU", maybe after it notices sipura
is sending them payload type 0 packets. In the case of handytone,
handytone sends NO RTP packets to *, so maybe it does not get the clue.