[Asterisk-Users] Message waiting indicator

Sean Garland sean at siskiyoutech.com
Mon Jan 5 18:07:11 MST 2004

What is required to get the mwi to work?  Is it more of a phone subject
or *?  I have the mailbox= line in sip.conf, but only one extension is
named, and in some of the examples, I have seen that there are two...
What is that all about and how does it affect the extensions.conf and
voicemail.conf?

Thanks again.....

Just some background as you start seeing my lists, I just started my own
business this year (open 1 day officially so far) and I chose, back in
November/December to use * as my phone system.  Currently I am using it
as my main phone system, and have voicemail configured, with two lines,
and two Polycom phones.  I hope to post my entire experience on the wiki
or something when I am satisfied that I am far enough along...  Great
product, but the docs need some work.  I would be interested in helping
with that when the time comes.

Sean Garland
Siskiyou Technology Consultants
205 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd. Suite 100