[Asterisk-Users] Multi-line help

Sean Garland sean at siskiyoutech.com
Mon Jan 5 16:44:00 MST 2004

Basically I guess I am thinking of the traditional key systems approach
which is to have the CO lines appear on the phone.  The problem it
appears with SIP (not really *) and the particular phones, is to have
the reporting.  I guess what I was looking for was to have the buttons
not only represent the incoming lines, but to also show their status
(busy, hold, etc...).

On that note, what (typically with SIP/*) are the multiple line phone
buttons used for?  I know you have to have at least one for access to
the asterisk system, but what is the point of the multiple
registrations?

Thank you to all.....

Sean Garland
Siskiyou Technology Consultants