[Asterisk-Users] DID Trunk Lines and Caller ID

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jan 5 09:04:00 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 09:28, Michael at matraex.com wrote:
> I have an installation which is currenly using 14 DID Trunk Lines.  I
> need to be able to use Caller ID information and currently it is not
> available on these lines.
> Is there another way to access this information?

Convert to PRI.

While I am sure it is possible to order CallerID on a DID trunk, it
sometimes is dependent on software revisions in the CO as to whether or
not they can support it. We had this problem once. PRI will get you both
called number(DID) but also the calling number all sent in the D channel
so you should have nice fast answers if you choose.