[Asterisk-Users] one way choppy sound problem !

Michael Van Donselaar mvand at vandonselaar.org
Mon Jan 5 08:54:37 MST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:29:06 +0100, "Dawid Mielnik" <D.Mielnik at elka.pw.edu.pl>
wrote:

>Hi Again,
>
>Apart from X-lite client I have also tried eStara, diax phone, iaxcomm and
>some others. I have tried different codecs - GSM, aLAW uLAW. They all give
>the same result. In the direction PSTN user ---> Softphone user the sound is
>crystal clear (also tried on a dial-up connection), in the other direction
>however the sound is a bit choppy. The chops occur at regular intervals of
>time, at about 1-2 seconds !?

Are the PSTN interface and a network card sharing an interrupt?  I had similar
problems with my X100P and a thunderlan dual ethernet card shring IRQs (also
would make one of the ethernet ports fails until reboot)

Are you still using the P133?  I tried using a P120, but it wouldn't do the
trick with GSM conversion.  DIAX and iaxComm, since they use the iaxclient
library, need to use GSM.