[Asterisk-Users] Re: Sun Servers with UltraSparc Processors

Ish ishpreet at optonline.net
Sun Jan 4 21:20:28 MST 2004

I had asterisk running on SuSe 7.3 on an Ultra 2 back in May 2003. Had to make some changes to Makefiles. At that time, SuSe had no more updates planned for Linux on Sparc. I had MGCP and SIP running very well on it. Had some trouble with H323. Timing was another issue as the Ultra 2 is an SBus machine and not PCI. Basic IP Call switching works. MeetMe may not work. Machine was very reliable. Had almost no down time for the 6 months or so that I used it at home. I have been using Sparc servers for many years now and am very impressed by their reliability and performance. I think even Sonus Softswitch runs on a Sun Netra.

I had documented the Makefile modification in an email to the list. If you search for Sparc in the mailing list, you should be able to find it. If not, drop me a line and I'll see if I still have it.

Good luck.

Ish