[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 12sp+ program update

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Jan 4 18:35:32 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 17:04, Rohde wrote:
> does anyone have a running cisco 12sp+ or 30 vip phone on their
> network?
> and if so could you also tell me what tftp files you actually use and
> if there are any special settings in skinny.conf that i need?
> (I ran several searches for setup, nothing has come up so far so i'll
> ask for advice now.)

When the phone boots up, look in the right side of the LCD, you should
see a version of the call already installed. Mine said G2.04. Then you
go to channels/chan_skinny.c and edit the version_id on line 71 to match
your version. Here is my line.

static char version_id[16] = "P002G204";

Don't forget to make clean install after the change and restart
asterisk. At that point, you don't need any tftp files.