[Asterisk-Users] Newbie - MWI

John Coll john.coll at csoft.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 15:07:58 MST 2004

Sorry for the partial post a moment ago

With help I got two phones communicating - PCMA/PCMU was the problem.

Next stpe is to try voicemail.  VM works fine, I can leave a mesage and then
retrieve it - but no MWI on the phone and no stutter dialtone.

I promise I've spent the requisite 4 hours + on google etc. but have really
no further ideas.

The setup is 2 Grandstream phones (latest firmware) and an asterisk on a
LAN. The cofig files I am using are shown below.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.....

john

;
; liza:/etc/asterisk/sip.conf
;
[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
externip = 10.0.1.198

[5702]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=johnhome
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
qualify=300
callerid="John workroom #1" <5702>
mailbox=5702
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
; dtmfmode=rfc2834
dtmfmode=info
username=5702 ; not convinced this is needed
nat=yes

[5703]
---- same as above in effect

;
; liza:/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
;
[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no
;
[globals]
CONSOLE=Console/dsp

[johnhome]
exten => 5702,1,Dial(SIP/5702,20,Ttr)
exten => 5702,2,Voicemail(u5702)
exten => 5702,102,Voicemail(b5702)
exten => 5702,103,Hangup

exten => 5703,1,Dial(SIP/5703,20,Ttr)
exten => 5703,2,Voicemail(u5703)
exten => 5703,102,Voicemail(b5703)
exten => 5703,103,Hangup

exten => 88,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})
;
; /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf
;
[general]