[Asterisk-Users] Hardware to build an Enterprise AsteriskUniversal Gateway

Doug Shubert doug at accessgate.net
Sun Jan 4 09:14:39 MST 2004

I would set the "Enterprise Class" bar at five 9's reliability
(about 5.25 minutes per year of down time) the same
as a Class 4/5 phone switch. This would require redundant
design considerations in both hardware and software.

In our network, Linux is approaching
"Enterprise Class" and I don't see why *
could not achieve this in the near future.