[Asterisk-Users] Programming an unlocked ADSI phone?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Jan 3 22:18:44 MST 2004

On Saturday 03 January 2004 22:51, Darren Nickerson wrote:
> On Friday, January 02, 2004. Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > On Thursday 01 January 2004 12:57, Darren Nickerson wrote:
> > > That worked a treat - thanks! Comedian Mail is now able to
> > > download to the handset and there's a lot more functionality now.
> >
> > There's a patch on the bugtracker that should allow you to specify
> > these codes per user, as requested.
> >
> > http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000733
> >
> > Let me know how it works for you.
>
> Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I agree with the comment
> from 'siggi' - it seems that this should be configurable on a per
> handset basis, not per voicemail user as currently implemented in the
> most recent patch that has been hung on this bug. It's a useful hack
> that may help us in the short term and I'm grateful for the pointer,
> but doesn't seem like anything that should ever find its way into
> CVS.
>
> It's not clear to me who authored this patch (Corydon76 ), or why
> 'bkw918' closed it at the author's request. Without support for
> personal names and signature blocks this bug tracking software is
> awfully dehumanizing, and I'm finding myself a little more
> disoriented that normal ;-)

I authored the patch, and I had it closed because it although it was
a method to customize it, as siggi noted, it's not the right way.  I
thought about modifying the patch, but I don't know enough about ADSI to
make intelligent choices about coding it in a handset specific way.
It'd be coding in the dark, and I don't like doing that.  What I had
done was based upon your post to the list.  If you'd like to flesh out
exactly how it needs to be done (i.e. the ADSI terminology), I can look
at doing it the "right way".

-Tilghman