[Asterisk-Users] Newbie - getting two local phones to communicate would be a good start :)

John Coll john.coll at csoft.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 05:31:44 MST 2004

SW: Thanks a million for the statement that I only need these two files and
they can be just about empty !

David Carter: many thanks for those files which I will study

Rich Adamson: That is so re-assuring! That may sound odd but its realy
helpful to have the problems I am facing acknowledged and makes me feel that
others really see the need for, in effect, intuitive docs to get the novice
on-board. I used to write code, now I leave it to my staff, but I guess I
can go there.  What I am doing is evaluating * to see if we as a company
should use and support it rather than just buying in Quintum boxes or
whatever. No doubt many others are doing the same.

As a company we write software for end-users and I insist that an average 16
year old must be able to make it work, at the basic level, without grief -
it must be intuitive. OK make that "an average linux administrator" for
*/VOIP but again it really needs to be intuitive - but I guess I am
preaching to the convereted.

I would like to offer to try and do that in the wiki - but realistically I
don't have the time. Still I am feeling a bit guilty now having got such
solid support.

Thank you.

John

John A Coll, Director, Connection Software
391 City Road, LONDON, EC1V 1NE, UK
Tel: 020 7713 8000 From outside UK Tel: +44 20 7713 8000
Fax: 020 7713 8001                 Fax: +44 20 7713 8001
Email: john.coll at csoft.co.uk       Web: www.csoft.co.uk
PGP Public Key from keyserver