[Asterisk-Users] Newbridge Mainstreet 3624 T1 channel bank no w Alcatel

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Fri Jan 2 13:00:38 MST 2004

 In the 'me too' vein, I also have an untested 3624 here on the shelf and am
waiting on a shipment of T100 cards to play with.

 Documentation is very hard to come by. Alcatel are certainly the owners of
the Mainstreet product line but, without a support contract, any
documentation they may have is essentially unavailable as their per-incident
fees for support cost more than most of the competitors entire channel
banks! The support dispatcher I spoke with was very sympathetic but unable
to help.

 There is an eBook reseller online who purports to have the manual
(http://www.telemanuals.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=40) however I am
having "difficulties" obtaining it from them at the moment. There are also
resellers who list paper documentation for these units, but in the us$250
range.

 Certainly a bit of Googling can lead to partial free documentation (I'd
recomment the Newbridge section of
http://www.at2.com/pages/DocumentLibrary.cfm) and I suspect the information
overlaps between models particularly with respect to the console commands,
but alas the PDFs that are floating around out there are only the
insert/remove updates to the core manuals. I do also have limited pinout
data for the 3624 if anyone needs it.

 If anyone out there familiar with these units would be willing to go
through some orientation it would be very appreciated - they certainly seem
to be a unit of choice for people trying to do larger proof of concept
trials with Asterisk...

k.