[Asterisk-Users] hangup detection

Sean Adams sadams at slimdevices.com
Fri Jan 2 12:02:26 MST 2004

> Are the tones increasing in pitch?

No, the beeps are the same pitch - sounds like it was deliberately
designed to be a loud and awful sounding as possible through an
off-hook phone, to get your attention to go hang it up. My ears tell me
it's roughly 250ms on, 250ms off and so on.

> Are they the Special Information
> Tones (SIT) that are also on the message when you dial a number that
> has
> been disconnected?

No, not like that at all. I'll make a recording.

> If so, then they are defined somewhere in the code, at least as part of
> app_zapateller since that is how it tries to get rid of telemarketers.
> You could then see about adding that to the dsp routines to detect the
> SIT tones and determine what to do at that time.

Taking my first peek at the code now...

> BTW, which CAC channel bank did you buy? The ADIT 600 should do
> disconnect supervision, and I thought the AB1 did too.

It's the AB1 with 8 fxo, 16xfs. Here's the page I was talking about:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+hardware

Also, others have reported this problem but I can't find a resolution:

http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/
msg18626.html

> Are you also sure
> you have that on your line so as to be detected? Your other option
> might
> be to switch to groundstart lines which detect hangup much easier. May
> be difficult to get unless you are a business though.

I just have regular business lines without any special provisioning. I
don't understand why a $20 answering machine can do this but an
expensive channel bank can't. :(