[Asterisk-Users] hangup detection

Sean Adams sadams at slimdevices.com
Fri Jan 2 11:25:50 MST 2004

So I made the mistake of buying a Carrier Access channel bank without
noticing the page on the wiki about the fact that they don't support
disconnect supervision (bastards!). However, apart from that, I do have
it working fine for incoming calls.

Is there some trick to get asterisk to detect the hangup tones from
SBC? I've tried busydetect and callprogress as suggested, but neither
seems to work.  The tone is not a busy tone, but that ear-piercing high
pitched buzzer. It goes "if you'd like to make a call, please hang up
and try again. If you need help, hang up and then dial your operator.
BEEP BEEP BEEP etc."

I am set up here with recording gear and spectrum analyzer software, so
I can identify the tones and timing if necessary. However I'm not sure
how to make asterisk detect the tones, or if this work has already been
done. Anyone know?