[Asterisk-Users] Malloc debug kills asterisk?

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Fri Jan 2 09:17:01 MST 2004

Hi-

In trying to track down a possible memory leak in asterisk, I've discovered
that the "show memory allocations" command crashes asterisk (causes it to
stop handling calls, although it doesn't seg fault).  The related "show
memory summary" works however.

Before I post this to the bugs list, can someone else please confirm this
problem?  You need to enable malloc debugging (symbol MALLOC_DEBUG) in the
Makefile, and then rebuild asterisk and try these commands.  I'm running
Fedora 1, and I want to make sure that it's not some anomaly with the kernel
rather than asterisk.

I tried this with the latest CVS, and also from about a month ago - same
result.

Thanks!
Scott

Scott M. Stingel
Emerging Voice Technology Inc.
Palo Alto, California and London, England
Email:          scott "at" evtmedia.com