[Asterisk-Users] keeping Wiki in sync (new subject)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Jan 1 14:02:29 MST 2004

Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
> I just added this to the SetVar() documentation on the Wiki. A question:
> If we keep on enhancing the Wiki step-by-step and day-by-day (I am
> silently in that game), how do we ensure that
>
> a) the information flows back into the documentation files of the CVS
That's something we have to discuss on the -doc list. I've started
adding some changes back to CVS for the Show application command.

We can't ensure that it's added. Also, the wiki allows for more text.

> b) the Wiki information doesn't become outdated by newly introduced
> features and bug fixes?
We need to start documenting which version we document on the wiki.

Right now I try to stick to the CVS versions if nothing else is said
on the page. When the CVS split up, we need to document what applies
to stable and what applies to dev-branch.

So, bug fixes are not documented. Sometimes, we point to a bug report,
but it shouldn't be documented as it is part of the software.

We all have to watch the CVS update flow to ensure that we are synched,
this also applies to the doc project. The Wiki is community documentation.
As of know, there's no formal process or editor. It just seems to work.

Philipp, thank you for your contributions to the Wiki!

/O