[Asterisk-Users] asterisk gateway to other gateways

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 1 11:47:53 MST 2004

I was wondering why bother with this dialer thing at all :)

When you implement a new thing, it is a good idea to go back to basics and
think what you want to do.

You have multiple voip carriers and you have bunch of users. Based on the
number dialed you want to pick a carrier and dial out. May be authenticate a
certain caller for certain path. Then end of the day look for CDR's.

You do not need to set your call setup this fragmented.

How about this;

(a) User dials a international number
(b) * looks at the CallerID and Destination Number (at one database lookup)
(c) This caller is not allowed to dial this destination, so play a message
for that extent
(d) If caller is allowed, then * finds the least cost root and dial through
that path and connect the call.

* can do all these. So I would first sit and right down what I want my
system to do (in my users perspective). Then try to find a way to implement.
I wouldn't try to replace a box with another box.

my two cents ....

SW

Message: 4