AW: [Asterisk-Users] Snom 200 with two extns defined anyone?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Jan 1 03:57:22 MST 2004

Christian Stredicke wrote:
> We at snom have problems with Asterisk when we receive calls without the
> line indication. When we register we place a contact like this:
>
> REGISTER sip:asterisk SIP/2.0
> Contact: <sip:123 at 192.168.0.99;line=h35h345>
>
> When we receive the 200 Ok, we search for the "h35h345". If we don’t find
> it, we try to guess which line is affected. This is relatively easy on a
> REGISTER response, but on an incoming INVITE we have serious problems. I
> think some of the challenging and line-assignment problems are related to
> this problem.
>
> Strictly speaking, we register the contact
> "sip:123 at 192.168.0.99;line=h35h345", NOT "sip:123 at 192.168.0.99"! Parameters
> are an essential part of a URI which must not be discarded.
Ok, Christian, let's fix this.

First, I'm curious, is the "line=" parameter specified somewhere? (Always looking
for documentation :-)

Secondly, in many places in the sip channel, everything after the ";" is discarded.
I would really appreciate if Snom could help us fixing this, so Snom phones work correctly
and fully with Asterisk. (Have a new Snom 200 on my desk :-)

I'm not an experienced C programmer, so I can't fix this myself. However, there are
experienced C programmers in the community that will fix this, but they need proper
and detailed input on what to fix.

I've opened a bug
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000732

Let's continue adding information there.

BTW, there's some other Snom problems where we need input from SNOM. Search on "Snom"
in the bug tracker. Thank you for participating in the Asterisk community!

/O