[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a SIP server behind nat, clients on the outside connecting to Asterisk

AstGrp astgrp at cwkb.com
Sun Feb 29 22:22:26 MST 2004

I have this working, with not much work...

SIP CONF

[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; address to bind to
externip = <NAT IP / Outside IP>         ; Address that we're going to
put in SIP messages if we're behind a NAT
localnet = 10.100.254.0         ; Internal NETWORK address
localmask = 255.255.255.0       ; Internal netmask
context=default                 ; Default for incoming calls
;srvlookup = yes                ; Enable SRV lookups on outbound calls
;pedantic = yes                 ; Enable slow, pedantic checking for
Pingtel
;tos=lowdelay
;tos=184
;maxexpirey=3600                ; Max length of incoming registration we
allow
;defaultexpirey=120             ; Default length of incoming/outoing
registration
;notifymimetype=text/plain      ; Allow overriding of mime type in
NOTIFY
;videosupport=yes               ; Turn on support for SIP video
disallow=all                    ; Disallow all codecs
allow=ulaw                      ; Allow codecs in order of preference
allow=ilbc
allow=alaw

[travel]
type=friend