[Asterisk-Users] Hotel wake-up

Rob Fugina robf at geekthing.com
Sun Feb 29 16:16:29 MST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 11:03:41PM -0600, Robert Lawrence wrote:
> I would be interested in the AGI Script.  As for the voice prompts, I am
> having Allison record some stuff for me on Monday, including prompts for
> such a wake up system, that I plan to donate back to the Asterisk
> community.

Sound great!

> Will these prompts be compatible with your script?

Yes, absolutely!

In brief, the AGI script handle the prompting, and creates the call
file in a 'pending wakeup calls' directory.  The name of the call file
is formateed as HHMM.EXTEN.call.  The call scheduling is handled by
running the following via cron every minute:

/bin/mv $PENDING/$(/bin/date +%H%M).*.call $OUTGOING/ 2>/dev/null

I haven't figured out yet how to make * wait until the call in answered
before playing a recording (without the recipient pressing #).

Also, I was thinking of adding a snooze feature.  This would require
the outgoing wakeup call to run another AGI that says something like
"to acknowlege the wakeup call, press 1; to snooze 5 minutes, press 2;
to snooze 15 minutes, press 3".

I'll cleanup the AGI and post in the next 24 hours...

Rob

-- Rob Fugina, Systems Guy robf at geekthing.com -- http://www.geekthing.com
My firewall filters MS Office attachments.

paranoia: believing this tagline is about you.