[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a SIP server behind nat, clients on the outside connecting to Asterisk

Steve Beaumont steveb at asbc.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 29 14:12:02 MST 2004

On the wiki pages it suggests that clients on the outside of NAT can connect
to an Asterisk server behind nat. (option no 3). The note suggests that this
can work with port forwarding and some 'header mangling magic'.

I have the port forwarding configured however, when I try to connect an
external client through the firewall the client does not correctly register.
The REGISTER message is received, the server responds with Status 100
trying, followed by Status 407 Proxy Authentication required. This repeated
several times.

I guessing but could this be where the 'header mangling magic' is required.
? Does anyone know how this magic can be applied.

Many thanks
Steve Beaumont