[Asterisk-Users] A General question

AR Tarzi artarzi at batelco.com.bh
Sun Feb 29 08:15:44 MST 2004

Could someone find the time to tell me whether ALL functions in Asterisk are programmed using scripts and contexts ?
What I need to find out is whether the user CAN configure services for themselves.. Below, I chose a sampling of a fresh question and answer (just as an example).
In this example: Is it not possible for each user to configure (say) the voicemail so that whenever there's a message (data which probably affects the dialtone or a light on the recipient phone), an action is taken.. A daemon could then check a database to find out the action (dialout, sms message.. or whatever) and the target number.
I cannot imagine the size of user installations (observed in user messages) being managed centrally..

I hope this is not too much to ask, but all I need is a cryptic yes or no at this stage.