[Asterisk-Users] Dialing out after caller leaves message

Rana Dutt rdutt at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 29 07:22:02 MST 2004

I want Asterisk to call my cell phone after someone leaves me a voice mail
message. How do I do this?

I cannot use Dial after the Voicemail application, e.g.,

[Step 1]  exten => 100, 1, Dial( SIP/100, 15 )
[Step 2]  exten => 100, 2, Voicemail( u100 )
[Step 3]  exten => 100, 3, Dial( Zap/g1/CELL_PHONE )

because the caller will hang up after leaving the voice mail in Step 2
above, and Asterisk will terminate the script, so Step 3 will get never get
executed.

Is there a way to do what I want to do?

-Ron