[Asterisk-Users] outgoing spool parallelism

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Sun Feb 29 06:18:01 MST 2004

Thanks for the suggestions on the hotel wake-up!  Actually, I don't have
a hotel, but my earlier request was unanswered because I suppose it was
uninspiring.  So I used a hard example that was readily identifiable.
 Your helpful responses led me to the facility I had not managed to find
by myself in the docs.  Now that I've tried it, and it works, I've got
some more specific questions about it's operation...

How does * manage concurrency when processing files in the outgoing
directory?

Does it have some kind of intelligence or controlling mechanism which
serializes requests based on the capacity of resource combinations
required to satisfy the requests?

Or is it just a single thread/processing queue for all requests found in
the spool dir?

Also, is there any way to control the sequencing (priority) of the
"enqueued" requests?  Or is it a random free-for-all?

--
Bill Michaelson - COS, Incorporated - Software Development - bill at cosi.com
Thanks for putting up with my spam filter!