[Asterisk-Users] Hotel wake-up

Nicholas Bachmann asterisk at not-real.org
Sat Feb 28 20:33:49 MST 2004

Bill Michaelson wrote:

> Anybody know how to implement a hotel wake-up call feature with *?

It seems like it could be accomplished with an AGI and a script that
wrote call files.  Have the AGI prompt for the wakeup time (or have a
web interface for a front-desk person do it) and write a file to a
directory indicating when the wakeup call should occur.  Then, have a
Perl script that goes through those files and generates a call file in
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing at the right time.  Call files make retries
simple as well, allowing you to space them and choose how many you
want.  If you wanted to get fancy, you could use a database (perhaps
with triggers?), voice recognition, or mp3s for the user to wake up to.

<Plug>If this sounds too complicated, email me off list; I could write
this very inexpensively for you.</Plug>

Nick