[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc bri: crackling sound

Jan Baumann asterisk at cyberways.net
Sat Feb 28 17:04:38 MST 2004

Hello all,

trying the zaphfc driver from Klaus-Peter Junghanns with Cologne-Chip
PCI card I experience a clearly audible crackling sound during calls
through the Zap BRI channel to PSTN. Calling the same destination from
the same SIP extension via sipgate.de the sound is perfect.

What I hear sounds like massive pattern slipping on the BRI. The channel
used is the primary clock source.

I have 'echocancel=no' (also tried 'yes') in zapata.conf und this in
zaptel.conf:

# PSTN DTAG
span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
bchan=1-2
dchan=3

Help is greatly appreciated because faxing is terribly impossible right now.

Thank you and
king regards,

Jan Baumann