[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc bri with overlap sending/receiving

Jan Baumann asterisk at cyberways.net
Sat Feb 28 14:34:44 MST 2004

Hi all,

I am currently testing Klaus-Peter Junghanns' zaphfc bri driver
0.0.2rc12 with two HFC ISDN cards in PtP setup - one connected to telco,
one to the legacy pbx - and try to dial from a pbx extension out to the
pstn through astersik.

This works perfectly as long as I dial on hook and pick up after dialing
the complete number.
Using the isdn phone (and any analog pbx extension which cannot prepare
dialing on hook) the way people are used to (first pick up, then dial)
results in dialing only the first few digits out to the Zap channel
connected to pstn and call setup to fail.

Obviously this is a problem with overlap sending/receiving in the zap
channels. Unfortunately we have a variable length numbering plan in
germany (local numbers can be anything between 4 and 9 digits long), so
putting more X in the regex doesn't seem to be an option.

Ideas how to get this work are greatly appreciated and very welcome. :)

Thank you and regards,

Jan Baumann

My current config:

extensions.conf:

; outbound dialing local calls
; try Enum, then PSTN
[local-pstn]
exten => _0[1-9]XX.,1,EnumLookup(49821${EXTEN:1})
exten => _0[1-9]XX.,2,SetCallerID(49821xxxxxx)
exten => _0[1-9]XX.,3,Dial(${ENUM},30)
exten => _0[1-9]XX.,4,Goto(102) ; Failure on SIP, fallback to PSTN
exten => _0[1-9]XX.,52,Congestion
exten => _0[1-9]XX.,102,SetCallerID(xxxxxx)
exten => _0[1-9]XX.,103,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1},,tr)
exten => _0[1-9]XX.,104,Congestion

zapata.conf:

switchtype = euroisdn

; to/from ISDN PtP