[Asterisk-Users] HT 286 Any information about will be great !!!

John Brown (CV) jmbrown at chagresventures.com
Sat Feb 28 12:52:21 MST 2004

The original message isn't copied because its HTML encoded.

Basicly the author wanted to know if he could use a HT-286 (Grandstream)
to bypass the PBX, generate busy, answer calls, etc.

The Grandstream HT-286, and the Sipura SPA-2000 are both
ATA FXS based devices.

ATA == Analog Telephone Adapter
FXS == Foreign eXchange Station  (if memory is correct).

FXS devices  are designed to have telephones plugged into
them.  Basicly things that need a ringer voltage/signal
get plugged into a FXS device.

You DONT plug a FSX device into the telco PSTN line.

I've taken FSX/ATA devices and plugged them into
PBX's.  Take the PSTN lines and plugged those into
FXO cards that are inside a Asterisk box.  Using
the Asterisk box as front end processor of calls.
If the FXO lines have DID  you can then do interesting
routing tricks.

In one application we took multiple lines feeding multiple
gas stations and pulled them back via IP to a single location
in the city.  By collapsing the remote line counts it became
cost affective to get a PRI for all the voice traffic.

Hope this helps.

John Brown
Chagres Technologies, Inc  (Americas)
Chagres Technologies, B.V. (EMEA)