[Asterisk-Users] Anybody managed to call a phone through sipgate.de

David J Carter david.carter at codepipe.com
Sat Feb 28 04:45:50 MST 2004

Birk,

Even using VPN to get to the server you will still have I assume a private
IP address on the VPN side. This will pass through a NAT/Firewall to the
outside world. This may or may not be on the server you connect to, but I
would bet you still pass through a NAT/Firewall.

I assume your connection is something like: -

Softphone ---- Asterisk ---- VPN to Server -- Server ---
Firewall/NAT/Router ----- Internet

Dave