[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as proxy?

Tor Houghton torh at bogus.net
Fri Feb 27 13:37:13 MST 2004

Hi,

So it's like this. I've had siproxd working for me on an external host to
which I've established a tunnel (my SIP client is behind a NAT gateway).

Of course, I've "got" to have mailbox functionality at the very least, so a
friend of mine told me about Asterisk, which I grabbed from the CVS and
installed.

However, I've got myself somewhat confused. Do I still tell my SIP client
(SJPhone for the time being) to use siproxd as the proxy, or can/should
Asterisk be a "local" (forwarding?) proxy on the NAT side of the tunnel?

Basically, the network looks roughly like this, if it helps any:

                 +---------+
                 | siproxd |----+
                 +---------+    |
                     #          |