[Asterisk-Users] Patching Asterisk for OpenH323 ASN.1 Vulnera bilities

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Fri Feb 27 11:50:27 MST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:18:45AM +0800, LEOLCH at hgc.com.hk wrote:
> In the Makefile inside asterisk/channels/h323 directory, there's a line like
> this:
> CFLAGS += -I$(PWLIBDIR)/include/ptlib/unix -I$(PWLIBDIR)/include
>
> try to use "-I$(PWLIBDIR)/include" ONLY, it should work.  I've compiled it
> with pwlib 1_6_2, which works fine
>
> leo

Sigh. I am having a very rough time here. Could you please post exactly
which versions of Asterisk and OpenH323 you used? When I use your advice
above I get a successful build, but I haven't got a single call to actually
*work* through H.323. Here are my results (all trials are Asterisk 0.7.2):

OpenH323 1.13.0 / Pwlib 1.6.0: Asterisk segfaults when it gets an H.323 call.

OpenH323 1.13.2 / Pwlib 1.6.3: Channel won't load, there's an unresolved
symbol.

OpenH323 1.13.2 / Pwlib 1.6.2: Asterisk appears to be fully stable. As far
as Asterisk is concerned, everything works: calls are made, answered,
bridged, all looks fine from the console. But nothing is actually making
it *back* through H.323 from the Asterisk end. When I call Asterisk through
H.323, Asterisk thinks things are fine, but from the calling end it
thinks no one answered. When I call from the Asterisk end, I never hear
anything that sounds like an answer.

Now this looks *VERY* familiar. It sure is like the H.323 problems I had
right at first until I caught on to using *only* G.711 A-law. Once I
started making sure everyone was on ALAW, H.323 starting working fine
(except for DTMF, but that's a subject for a new thread ...)

* * *

This particular siege has been really frustraing. I hate to seem like
I'm whining, but really there should be an "official" patch here, and
asterisk.org should point people properly so that new downloaders who
need to build H.323 support will get the patched version.