[Asterisk-Users] Problem connecting to Asterisk Server

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Fri Feb 27 11:18:49 MST 2004

I know, I should reply to myself, but I just realized this...

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> Abraham Lincoln wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>    good day i just install successfully asterisk and when i try iax
>> client to connect to my asterisk server im getting a "Call reject by
>> Remote"
>>
>> this is the content of my iax.conf:
>>
>> register => test:mypass at 10.1.1.2
>>
>> [test]
>> type=friend
>> secret=mypass
>> deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
>> permit=10.1.1.2/255.255.255.0
>> host=10.1.1.2
>>

>> anyone? encountered this problem and how to fix it... im using
>> iaxclient
>>

> Normally the subnet mask representing a single IP is 255.255.255.255,
> but I've not tried this in *, it could be different.
>
> Add a username section with the same name as your definition. See my
> setup, below:
>
> [712]
> type=friend
> context=testlocal
> username=712
> secret=apassword
> host=dynamic
> callerid=712
> mailbox=712
> notransfer=yes

I believe I read here a few days ago that the host and username
definitions are like either/or. Either you use a username, or you use a
host address.

This is a statement I would like someone to tell me if I am correct on:

If you are using a host= line, then a permit/deny is redundant(and
possibly just plain wrong?)

-----
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/