[Asterisk-Users] Core dump crash

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Fri Feb 27 09:32:14 MST 2004

I had my first production system Asterisk crash today with no apparent
reason for the crash. This was on a production server that hasn't had
anything changed on it for 3 weeks and is rebooted every night. The load was
low when the crash occured and the logs give no indications as to what
caused it. This server usually goes through about 5000 calls in a day with
no problems.

I have a core dump file for this crash but it is 182MB and I don't want to
go posting it anywhere because it is so large. I would like to diagnose this
but am not sure how to proceed with this core dump file. Does anyone have a
set of instructions on how to debug an Asterisk core dump file? Or would
someone be willing to download my core file and see what went wrong?

Thanks,

MATT---