[Asterisk-Users] exit

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Fri Feb 27 05:47:54 MST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 11:11:05PM -0500, Alex Volkov wrote:
> You must have started asterisk with "asterisk -c"

No, I started it with "asterisk" and had it running in the background.
Then, per the PDF manual, I did "asterisk -r" to connect to the server
and get a console. The manual says I can type "quit" to disconnect from
the console, leaving Asterisk running in the background. But, when I do
so, I get this message:

  The QUIT and EXIT commands may no longer be used to shutdown the PBX.
  Please use STOP NOW instead, if you wish to shutdown the PBX.

> so you cannot bail out of
> CLI with exit -- you are in console mode. Instead, start it without -c so it
> respawns another service process and exits to shell, after that you can run
> "asterisk -r" and bail out with "exit" all you please ;-).

That's basically what I did. I started Asterisk with "asterisk" and then
ran "asterisk -r" to get a console. When I type "exit," I get the same
message as I indented above.

I type "help" at the command line (CLI), but didn't see anything in
there (except "quit" and "exit") that would seem to be a way to get out
of the CLI prompt and back to a standard command line.

-gk

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux
Curridabat, San Jose, Costa Rica