[Asterisk-Users] Does Digium TDM400P + X100P make a switchboard?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Feb 27 04:24:33 MST 2004

Hi!

> Can build a switchboard with TDM400P + X100P?
> I need a receptionist to pick up the incoming calls and transfer them to
> appropriate employee.

You might want to read the handbook draft:
http://www.digium.com/handbook-draft.pdf

> Do I need those Nortel telephones for this or Panasonic KXTD kind of
> phones? Can I use an ordinary touch-tone phones to transfer the
> incoming calls?

First you need to decide if you want analog phones (zaptel driven) or
voice-over-ip (SIP, Skinny, H.323, MGCP).

For phones see:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phones
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VOIP+Phones

> Can I put someone on hold with an ordinary phone?

Yes, see "call parking", and there might be other ways to accomplish this
as well.

> What do I dial to do these things?

Start reading here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+PBX+functions