[Asterisk-Users] callerid will not be set

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Feb 26 11:45:31 MST 2004

Hi!

> callerid=""<101>
> channel => 13
>
> callerid=""<102>
> channel => 14
>
> But if i make a connection to the manager interface the callerid in the
> events is not set:
>
> Event: Newchannel
> Channel: Zap/13-1
> State: Rsrvd
> Callerid: <unknown>
> Uniqueid: 1077819120.3

My experience with AGI is that you must not use quotes in the callerid=
statement, so use

   callerid=my name <123>

instead of

   callerid="my name" <123>

as otherwise the AGI script will only see the "my" part as callerid.
Therefore I suggest you test with callerid="" <101> (note the space
between "" and <) and callerid=<101> and callerid=101 and callerid=unkown
<101> and then pick what works best for you. Creating a bug report at
bugs.digium.com might also be a good move depending on your findings.

Cheers, Philipp