[Asterisk-Users] Simple Front Gate Intercom

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Thu Feb 26 11:49:54 MST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 11:10:03AM -0600, Rob Fugina wrote:

> > Am I getting things backwards, or is the W-1000 what he was talking
> > about as an FXO device.   I'm having trouble finding an FXS version on
> > Viking's site at the moment...
>
> Looks like the FXS device they offer is the one that also has the keypad
> -- the K-1700.

The specs on the W-1000 say:

 For business, these doorboxes are designed to interface directly with
 the unused trunk input of a PBX or electronic key system.

Being new in the area, I'm not up to speed on all the vocabulary. But,
doesn't that mean I can just plug this unit into my pbx (i.e. Asterisk)
system? That would mean it would plug into the fxs card (and therefore
the unit is fxo?).

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux