[Asterisk-Users] SIP Extrange Problem

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Feb 26 10:39:08 MST 2004

Hi!

> For a few days we have a veryextrange problem. We have an intranet
> with Budgetone and others SIP Phones.
> In the extranet We HaveBudgetone Phones. The whole system was working
> well between the extranet and the intranet until a few days ago.

What did you change "a few days ago"?

> When we try to speak with a Budgetone of the intranet, we can speak
> during a few seconds but after a time the audio is cut in the sense of
> intranet-extranet.

Make sure that you have silence suppression turned off in the GS web
config. Asterisk cannot deal with that correctly.

> The problem is not only it, but if a budgetone of the intranet speaks
> with another phone of the intranet the same thing happens.
> After a time of conversation the audio is cut in the sense of the
> budgetone to another phone. I see the next meesage in debug:
>
> Feb 26 10:50:04 DEBUG[50193]: Didn't get a frame from channel: SIP/707-
> 996a

If you have a firewall in between the two clients then you might have
your problem there where the router/firewall closes ports after x
seconds.

> I have checked the files of configuration. It does not appear at all any
> more in the files of logs and I do not know that to do.
> Can it be a problem of the internal network? of the switches? Is there
> any bug in the budgetones?

Probably not just one bug - you can try to upgrade the firmware, might
help. It is also possible that your switch is faulty, just recently I had
such a case, so try to use another switch (best if you use another brand,
not just switch of the same model).

Cheers, Philipp