[Asterisk-Users] how to route based on DNIS

Todd Lieberman todd at tlsolutions.net
Wed Feb 25 21:25:50 MST 2004

Alas I feel the same way, but my service provider has the 800 numbers
connect to the POP via a Lucent Switch and then pass the 800 calls to a
local inter connect via some other switch.  Ask your provider if they
can pass you the actual DNIS.  In my case Verizon  (Philadelphia) can
but my lower rates are with a CLEC (ATX) and they can not.

I only pay $3 for 20 DID's so the added cost is marginal but the
management is a bit tricky as my DB schema did not consider masking
local numbers to 800 numbers.  You'll just have to play it by ear.

Regards,

Todd Lieberman