[Asterisk-Users] Re: DSL (DMT) goes down when X100 plugged in

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Wed Feb 25 16:00:20 MST 2004

Looking at the reference design for the chipset used in an X100P a fair
chunk of capacitance is slapped straight across the line which would
present a significant load to DMT signals.  I guess the fax machine
introduces some inductance in series with the phone to compensate.

I found this link that says a little more about what's in the splitter for
the UK marker <http://www.adslnation.com/support/filters.php>.

  Iain