[Asterisk-Users] Avaya question

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Feb 24 19:56:32 MST 2004

Can anyone give me a high level technical summary of how the Avaya IP phones
function with the Avaya IP pbx?

Need to implement QoS in the infrastructure, and later attempt interconnecting
the Avaya system to *.

I've got a sniffer trace of the phone bootup, an actual phone to phone call,
etc. Looks like the system uses H225 signaling, phones pull tftp config files
(Release 1.8.1, Build 1.803, Generic 1.81), model 46xx phones, "Avaya Multivantage
R011x.03.0.526.5" appears in the packet capture, and, the equivalent of RTP
traffic happens directly between the two IP phones involved in a completed call
(similar to sip-based calls).