[Asterisk-Users] Transferring Incoming Calls Twice

woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au
Tue Feb 24 19:32:13 MST 2004

We are using IAXphone in a production environment with hardphone backup
(BRI).

Most things work nicely, but we have found that we can only transfer each
call once.

I.E. Incoming call comes in on the [incoming] context, receptionist
transfers it to a local extension in the [international] context.  If the
receptionist guessed wrong, the person on the local extension attempts a
transfer which looks good from their end, but the caller is actually
transferred into silence, which I've worked out is the default context -
i.e. they can dial one of our internal extensions and it will ring.

I think it is a technique I need, but just in case, here is my
extensions.conf

Cheers,
Woody