[Asterisk-Users] Simulating the "lighted line in use" type of phone

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Feb 24 17:31:24 MST 2004

> Then when the receptionist is on the phone, they could hit the services
> button, scroll through the list of extensions; see what the persons
> status is, and even transfer the call right through by pressing the Dial
> button underneath the extension if they hit Transfer before the Services
> button.

Um, no.  Reception needs an 'at a glance' view of all extensions -- I don't
think you've ever worked a switchboard or seen some of these people handle
the call volumes they are used to.  Anything involving button presses or
scrolling would be useless.

+2 points for trying, though.  :-)

I am positive I saw add-on modules for Cisco phones to show line/extension
status, though.

Regards,
Andrew