[Asterisk-Users] SIP Re-Invites & Timeout

Wes Marderness wmarderness at sigmabit.com
Tue Feb 24 09:56:09 MST 2004

Hi All,

I have 2 FXO Gateways devices. Both under sip.conf are set to
"canreinvite=yes". My dailplan is below.

exten => _X.,1,Absolutetimeout(40)
exten => _X.,2,dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@SIPOUT#1)

exten => T,1,BackGround(tt-weasels)
exten => T,2,Hangup()

With this setup the absolute timeout is never triggered. I found that only
when "canreinvite=no" does the absolute timeout fire. Also when
"canreinvite=no" there is noticeable background noise on all calls.

Used CVS version of asterisk dated today(02/24/04) for the test.

Is what I am trying to do possible? Will SIP Absolute timeout work with
Reinvites?

Thanks ahead of time for anyone's help,
Wesley Marderness
Ph: 1-610-372-9092