[Asterisk-Users] Could voice mail problem be related to RAM?

Rana Dutt rdutt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 09:04:54 MST 2004

I wrote to the list a couple weeks back about my voice mail messages
sounding garbled. This happens no matter what phone I use to record the
message, I’ve tried IpDialog, Grandstream and SJ-Phone. Obviously, no one
else is having this problem, since I’ve never seen it discussed here.

I am now wondering whether my lack of RAM may be the problem. I am running
Asterisk on a Dell Dimension XPS R450 with only 128 Mb of RAM. When I run
the top command, I see my RAM consumption is above 120 Mb, but I always see
about 4 Mb of RAM available. Should I get more RAM? Has anyone else recorded
garbled voice mail messages?

-Ron